Men with Autoimmune or ANY Chronic Illness

Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 1, 2012

Home at last

Hello my Friends. Well, here it is June 1. I just got out of the hospital again. A revolving door for me since February 2nd. In for 10 days or so, home for anywhere from a few days to a week, and then back in........and so the cycle goes.....I'm going to say went. It was a real bitch. I would like to say CAPS doesn't have me,....but it certainly did. I did at least get some answers now, even if they weren't ones I was looking for. I now know I need surgery for mitral valve regurgitation. My lungs haven't been functioning right due to clots and hemorrhaging, and my heart is working overtime to try and compensate. I had edema in the hospital, my legs, feet, ankles, arms swollen with fluid. It has finally subsided the last few days. Blood clots in my arms, swollen twice their size, now back to normal. The Cardiac team where I live won't touch it. They are referring me down to Seattle where they see more of this kind of thing. They are worried about being able to control the bleeding in surgery. So, I'm basically screwed if I don't, maybe screwed if I do. But, what choice do I have? So for now I am home. Weak, advised to not exert myself. I will try to get on here more and keep a diary of my journey. My best to everyone dealing with this. Peace, -Carson.

2 comments:

  1. Carson, my friend, so glad you are on the right path again..and yes, I have been MIA as well, but not really health related as much as personall things going on in my life. well, I propose we try to keep each other motivated,and keep each others spirits up. what to you say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say....it sounds good. As long as I remember to check my blog comments for messages! duh. Maybe it would be easier to turn off the moderator function. You mentioned prednisone. I've been on it since I was in the hospital. I'm slowly tapering down. Miracle drug. Sorry you are going thru the personal junk. This too will pass. Just doesn't feel like it when you are going through it. Your health pretty good right now though? Keep up the good spirit. It does help even though it doesn't feel like it! -Later bro in APS.

    ReplyDelete